Thursday, October 07, 2004

GMAIL improvements...

I guess its been more than five months now that I shifted to GMAIL for my personal emails...

The experience so far has not been that bad! Well... actually they deserve more than just "Not Bad"... I must say its "Good"!

Having used "Yahoo! Mail" and unlimited spaced POP3 accounts on "Microsoft Outlook" for more than 7 years, GMAIL came to me as a big surprise!
It's good to see all those updates popping up in their Beta service and competition going up...

Just right now I was surprised to see this Atom RSS feed button and forward email options on the GMAIL site...
Now this one goes to all those Incredimail, Outlook POP3 fans (Try reading your GMAIL RSS Feeds with FeedReader; An open source software available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/feedreader/
Thats not it... I just got a DRP and a "Hot Site" for my email account with GMAIL! Every email I get on "yasirmemon at gmail dot com" also gets forwarded to "mysecretaddress@myhost.com"...

Besides that, I just installed this new GMAIL Notifier... No more do you need to keep those browser windows open to be notified of new emails comming your way! Also no more irritating Outlook Express compose screens when you click an email link. Ammazingly you get your very own GMAIL compose screen in your favourite browser whenever you click those "mailto:" links you see while browsing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home